I don’t relish cleaning…I don’t know why since I enjoy organizing. Creating a beautiful and effective cleaning closet (although it’s more like a cleaning cabinet), helps get me a little more motivated to do the cleaning tasks at hand. What can I say? I’m motivated by pretty things…if it is beautiful, I want to hold it, and use it, and keep everything else around it beautiful. Does that make me weird?
Today I’m sharing 7 Steps To An Amazing Closet, and how I turned this small space into a stunning cleaning closet over at IHeart Organizing. Go check it out, then be sure to pop back over for the full source list found below.
DIY Corbel Shelves (tutorial)
- Corbels: Home Depot
- Chalkboard paint: Plaid brand -white
- Gold chalkboard pen: Chalk Ink brand (best for erase-ability)
DIY Hanging Tags (tutorial)
- Leftover paint chip labels
- Cord or twine
- Metallic Sharpies
Cleaning Tools & Implements
- Push broom: Home Goods (alt)
- Angled Broom: Home Goods (alt)
- Shark Vacuum: Walmart
- Lambswool Duster: Home Goods (alt)
- Hand broom: Home Goods (alt)
- Corn whisk broom: Walmart (alt)
- Dust pans: Home Goods
- Clear spray bottles: Walmart (alt. spray bottle)(alt. vial)
- Spray paint for broom handle: Krylon Gold, Krylon Satin Ivory
- Wall Hooks: Lowes
- Shower curtain hooks: Target
- Baskets: Walmart
- Cleaning Caddy: Home Goods
- Multi towel rack: thrift store find
Wow, you’ve made great use of this small closet. We also have a very small wash room and you’ve made excellent use of yours! Thanks for the great ideas!
Great idea indeed. Who doesn’t like cleaning? Thanks for the sharing.
The cleaning cabinet is lovely! I also don’t like cleaning but if I see my house clean and organized well, I feel peace and joy. That is why I clean every day! I think that having such a lovely cleaning closet is pretty motivational, isn’t it!
I really liked your idea. it was really beautiful. I’ll tell my husband to do immediately.
beautifully designed your cabinet, I really like your blog, you have very beautiful ideas for living.
This is really inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing your project. Setting up a cleaning storage centre is definitely on my to-do list.
You are right, cleaning the house is always my daily work.especially for guest !
Corinna - A Designer At Home
I love your cleaning cabinet! It’s so pretty and functional.
why can’t I sign into your sites above?